Sunday, October 23, 2011

Priorities

I'm really enjoying listening to Invitation to the Waltz, yet it has been slow progress.

Why?

1. I keep watching crap on YouTube.
2. During my traditional Sunday night baking burden (I make muffins) I used to listen to a story tape but I have recently started watching Escape to the Country instead. I just can't get enough of wet English people being shown houses with everything they asked for, and yet still vacillating. It's so relaxing.

But I think I will give it up. I don't watch much commercial TV and tonight I've seen quite a few things that disturbed me.

1. An advertisement for Today Tonight promoted an hysterical piece on people smugglers and the evil people they smuggle, AND an equally hard hitting piece on the REVOLUTIONARY new swimwear that is guaranteed to suit every shape and size.
2. The host of Escape to the Country was wearing a pink polo shirt with the collar popped.



2 comments:

  1. I luurve Escape To The Country. I love how they walk into a tiny poky broom closet with their heads bumping on the ceiling and say, 'This bedroom is a really good size!' I love how they are so polite yet their faces Tell All. And I love the crazy houses that are a mishmash of centuries of ill-thought-through renovation. And those Brits ain't afraid of a splash of colour on the walls either.

    ReplyDelete