Friday, October 14, 2011

Music

I'm listening to Invitation to the Waltz by Rosamond Lehmann read by Joanna Lumley (sounds like Patsy from AbFab, but posh like in the hormone replacement therapy episode).

This is a Chivers audio book. One thing I like about Chivers audio books is that there's no extra crap. It's just the book read out loud. Whereas Bolinda audio books always have a snippet that plays at the start and end of each CD. It sounds like a nice idea, but after a couple of CDs it drives me mad. Also, sometimes the music is a bit weird and creepy.

So I say, stop trying to add value and atmosphere, just read the book. Anyway, this one is pretty good. At the start I thought the description might be a bit over blown but the family scenes and dialogue are great.


No comments:

Post a Comment