Monday, July 11, 2011

Men crying update

At the moment I'm following the Tour de France through SBS's Sag Wagon podcasts. They only go for about 30 minutes each, but when they're over I look up the footage they've talked about and it pretty much provides enough audio visual fun for a whole evening.

Last week I listed my top men crying moments. Well, I can add another one to the list today. Johnny Hoogerland cried while receiving the polka dot jersey. And having just watched the accident footage, I can see why. It is amazing that he managed to get up from that crash at all, let alone finish the stage and get on the podium.

It's a rest day on the Tour now so the Sag Wagon are also taking a break. Luckily, I can always fall back on that other great competitive spectacle for excitement, Toddlers and Tiaras. It's got the determination, it's got the spills, it's got just as much fake tan and just as little body hair. And as the pageant parents say, beauty pageants are just like sport. It's so easy to judge, but how is getting your five year old's eyebrows waxed any different from buying them a bike and putting Spokey Dokes in the wheels?

No comments:

Post a Comment