Friday, April 22, 2011

Directors

I've just listened to The Careful Use of Compliments by Alexander McCall Smith read by Devina Porter AND directed by Jane Cramer. This is the first time I've noticed the director being credited at the end of an audio book. I didn't even know they had directors.

I found this article that says that not all audio books have a director but they are a jolly good idea. I also found this adamant article saying that directors greatly improve the listening experience.

So now I'm wondering if I can tell the difference. Certainly The Careful Use of Compliments was very good. Davina Porter kept me interested even though almost nothing happened. But I'm not sure how this compares to audio books without a director.

I usually borrow story tapes produced by Bolinda Audio Books and their website doesn't credit directors. But maybe they use them and just don't mention it.

Does anybody know?

No comments:

Post a Comment