Thursday, March 10, 2011

World Read Aloud Day

Dash it! Wednesday 9 May was World Read Aloud Day and I missed it! I would have totally gotten behind that day.

I have very happy memories of being read to - John Brown Rose and the Midnight Cat by Jenny Wagner is a book whose brilliance is undiminished by repetition. I could listen to it every day. I know, because for a few months when I was three, I did. Now when I read the book I still hear my Dad's voice, particularly on classic lines like, "John Brown tipped it out again."

Nowadays I just have my story tapes. And sometimes people at work read out important news items from The Age website, for example on Sophie Monk's shock engagement (and end of) or Ricky Nixon's disgraceful hair and conduct. Not quite the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment