Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Twee Update

My fears that Things to Make and Mend would be twee have been proved unfounded. In fact, this story tape is delightful. Finty Williams, despite her reasonably twee name, is a great reader and Ruth Thomas has written a great book. I am very happy I still have four CDs to go.

On Sunday night I did make muffins while listening to Things to Make and Mend (after initially deciding not to because it would make me twee and hypocritically so, but you can't live your life like that). This was hard work as we didn't have many of the ingredients called for by the recipe. But I substituted like a bastard and the muffins are now delightful too. I have taken one to work every day this week.

So basically it is all lovely twee-smuggedy smugjoy in my little corner of the forest at the moment.

1 comment:

  1. Those of us with small people underfoot know Finty Williams as the voice of Angelina Ballerina (which can be pretty twee I must admit).

    ReplyDelete